This lecture seeks to shed some light on Islamic scholarship and more poignantly, on the tools required to discern between real, authentic scholarship and false notions of what may be understood to be 'scholarship.'
The lecture will cover the following areas:
- Scholars and their various rankings in Islam
- Academia vs Islamic Scholarship
- Modern scholarship vs Classical Scholarship
- Neocolonialism affects on Contemporary scholarship
- How can a common person in society identify true Islamic scholarship and live in the world today according to Islam principles
|Registrations are now closed||Luton Sixth Form College, Luton||20 Jul 2019||0.00|